Happy Monday and welcome to February. It is the start of a new month and a new week. Is anybody needing some motivation…some inspiration? I am.
If you know me, you would know that I am happy person, very optimistic and I always see the good in people…probably to a fault. But nobody can be that up beat all the time, and if that person is out there, let me hear your secret and do you enjoy always being happy?
Really though, no one should be super happy 100% of the time. It is essential to experience the full range of emotions, you know..just don’t get too crazy.
I think it is healthy to get in a funk sometimes. Maybe you are doubting yourself and your abilities, and frankly have no idea what is going on in your life and how you got to where you are? I know I am not the only one, correct?
For real though, dealing with a little bit of self doubt is okay. Listening to Adele all day is okay, you just have to know how to pull yourself out of the funk. Surround yourself with positivity and move forward.
It isn’t always easy or fun, it is’t supposed to be. I believe In those low times we learn about ourselves. We learn what is important to us, what we want out of life and what we can do to change where we are to make things better. I think in our low times we have moments of clarity that help bring us out of our darkness and back to the light.
If you didn’t know, I love Glee. I also think that Glee is a phenomenal example of an emotional roller coaster ride! All the feels, all the time.
Adding these Gifs was super fun. (giphy.com is addictive, fyi – go play)
Some things that help me when I find myself stuck in a rut:
- Talk to my Mom or Dad…just depends on the situation, ya know?
- Read some inspirational quotes, I know it sounds stupid – but I don’t really care. You know you enjoy reading quotes too, I’m just not afraid to say it out loud..errr type it on the internet.
- Remember what I want out of my life and knowing that I only have this one life to make it happen.
- Honestly, looking at semi-famous people and celebrities snapchat and instagram accounts helps me. I look at what they are doing, how they are doing it and then just think to myself, “there is nothing holding me back from what they have or what they are doing, they are just working their asses off, that’s what I need to do!!!” It’s like a kick in the ass you didn’t know you needed!
- I never thought of myself as talented at anything, I always thought I was just alright at things. It has taken me 27 years to realize I have talent. I have capabilities and qualities that others don’t. I remind myself that I am not worthless and just have to radiate my CONFIDENCE!!
- Watch a movie that I know will make me cry. Sometimes you just need to cry, LET IT OUT! Crying can be so liberating. I feel so much better after a good cry and a movie. Some examples of good criers/cry-ers: What To Expect When Your Expecting, Any Harry Potter Film…but The Deathly Hollows: Part 1, when Dobby dies…pretty much rips out my heart, Big Fish, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, Moulin Rouge, Romeo & Juliet, 10 Things I Hate About You and anything with a pet dog…..
I think we need some positive energy flowing through our veins!
Alright, those are my words and some not my words of motivation for the week!
And if these can’t get you thinking positive always remember…