Hi!! Happy Humpday. How’s it goin’? How ya doin’? What’s shakin’?
This morning I was crrrrrrrrrrraving a sweet creamy cup of coffee, alas – I only had unsweetened cashew milk in the fridge (which tastes pretty gross in coffee if you ask me). So I got a bit indulgent – I decided to make hot chocolate with the cashew milk and then add some of that to my coffee. Voila! I had a rich, sweet, creamy cup of coffee and some extra hot chocolate left over for Ory. He got up long enough to say he wasn’t going in to work, turn the shower off and crawl back into bed with a cup of cocoa and the cuddle puddle of pets, who are all just trying to stay warm. Did I mention it’s snowing all over the state and
we are just waiting for it to start snowing here? Oh it snowed alright!
So while I was drinking my hot chocolate/coffee drank I made this list of things 😀
- Just anything on Marie Claire really…
- Everyday healthy habits.
- Yes! Please tell me how to look good in that!
- Funny women to follow on Twitter, I’m proud of myself for already following a couple of them
- Is it bad that I am curious about this?
- Protection is very important. Also, this website is amazing.
- 40 Inspiring Workspaces Of The Famously Creative.
- Dream home decor, like fo real.
- 26 Pictures That Will Leave You Asking A Lot Of Questions.
- Don’t ever forget the world is a fascinating place.
- I want one, right now. Also, I’m pretty sure this would not be Ory approved.
And then the YouTube black hole. It ALWAYS consumes me…how does this happen?!
- Kristen Schaal is everything. What I would do to just be for real bff’s with her and talk about farts and beans.
- If you didn’t already LOVE Jon Hamm, well…see for yourself, and with Ellie Kemper (now I am singing UNBREAKABLE in my head – IT’S A MIRACLE!)
- Klossy. <3
- In case you missed it, Kylo Ren – Undercover Boss. Dude, Matt straight up succccccks.
- YAS! << click it!
K. I think I’m done.
BUT FIRST! You wanna know how to make the perfect cup-o-hot chocolate? Please let me enlighten you!!
The original recipe was a bit more in depth than I thought was necessary so I tweaked it and simplified it just a teensy bit.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of your choosing – I used bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 heaping tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk (any kind!)
- 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder. (optional, but you want it. Trust me.)
- Pinch of salt
Pour the milk into sauce pan and cook on medium heat. After a couple minutes and the milk is hot add the rest of the ingredients and whisk constantly until all chocolate chips are melted and you have a nice creamy pot of hot chocolate. That’s it. Sweet, simple, and extra indulgent. Serve with some marsmallows, add it to your coffee, or hey just put some in a mug and go back to bed and snuggle with your crew of furrballs. You know you want to.