A couple days ago I said I wasn’t going to drink coffee for two weeks…
It’s a thing I do when I feel like I have become dependent on coffee and crave it at all hours of the day. One of my friends told me years ago that it’s what he does when he feels the same way, so I tried it out. The first few days are hard, but you eventually get over it and the two weeks will fly by. I found other outlets, like lots and lots of tea. Green tea, black tea, herbal tea…all the tea. My favorite is Yerba Mate, and I have always worked in cafe’s and Juice bar’s that have it readily available, so no coffee? no worries.
That first cup of coffee after two weeks, is like a godsend. It feels like the first day I ever took adderall back in high school. Wanting to answer EVERY question in English class, volunteering for all the things, and TOTALLY INTO SCHOOL. Probably one of the best days of my life, no seriously. That’s pretty much what getting back on coffee is like after two weeks. Oh my god, this all sounds so bad. I promise I don’t have an addiction problem, that’s what this sounds like right? I just really like coffee, so when I feel like I have to rely on it – I cut it out of my diet and try to let me body reset itself. I think that shows a pretty good sense of self-awareness. Thanks Ben.
So a couple days ago I was going to pull one of my no coffee for two week tricks. I thought it would be easy, I ran out of coffee during the snow storm, so I figured “hey this is the perfect time!” Well then I ran out of tea…So I maybe started to panic a bit.
Yesterday we were finally able to get out of our driveway, with lots and lots of man power, shoveling, raking, pushing, pulling, getting down on all fours in the snow. // I mean I wish I had a video of us trying to get Ory’s car out of the driveway and over the FREAKING SNOW BANK our neighbors put in front of our driveway….ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh steam coming out of my ears. // We were finally able to go to the store last night, and I’m sorry, I bought tea AND coffee, I decided it was a terrible time to not have coffee, I still need to shovel my car out of the snow, I have lots and lots of housework, tons of creativity I need to express…totally wrong time to cut out the juice! maybe next month…
So since I am obviously enjoying my coffee right now, here’s some goods I want to share.
- Aerie Curvy model Barbie. Am I still too old to be a plus size model? It’s been a dream of mine since Mckenzie Caskey plucked my unibrow into two eyebrows in 10th grade.
- Coffee Flour?
- In 1990, he isolated himself in a desert. Now…just breathtaking.
- Two guys went skiing in the dark wearing LED suits. What?
- Once I can get to the right grocery store to get the right kind of coconut, I am making this.
- OMG, I won’t get too crazy, but it you can save money, why wouldn’t you?
- Why is cheese basically a drug? Well here you go.
- um, cool! I didn’t know there was so much fashion in fitbit.
- Don’t mind if I do. Turmeric Milk.
- Trying, today. Really anything in a slow cooker and I’m hooked.
- Want, Need , HAVE TO HAVE! okay I’ll just make it.
- Apartment and home, fun DIY ideas you have to try!
- The snow is melting outside right now, and all I want is summer and a fenced in yard and some kids. haha oh man…One day.
- 21 books to read when you just really need a laugh. Thanks Lauren for one of these gems!
- I think her dress is my dream dress, no really.
- 8 watercolor techniques, have some fun!